Thursday, February 25, 2010

Birthday weekend and halfway there! (20 weeks!)

Hello All!!

This past weekend was my birthday weekend - I turned 24 on Sunday. It was a spectacular birthday weekend. Saturday Eric and I worked on the crib for a little bit, we did a little bit of light shopping, bought cupcakes from Isobel's (which I have wanted for way too long) and went out with a group of friends to watch the Olympics and do some dancing, although no dancing was actually done. Also on Saturday my parents sent me an "Edible Arrangement" that had chocolate covered banana, apple, strawberries as well as some not chocolate covered pineapple, grapes, strawberries and cantaloupe. It was really really delicious:






Then on Sunday (my actual birthday) we took our crazy puppy Pabloe to the dog park with two friends and their dogs, opened presents - which I was really happy with my - a gorgeous purse from my mother-in-law; and a spa package for pretty much everything (pedicure, manicure, facial and massage) from Eric! And then we tied off a really great day with take out Thai food (my fave when I can't eat sushi) and cuddled and watched the hockey game... the very very disappointing hockey game. All in all a pretty low key weekend. But I must be getting old or something because it really was perfect.

Other exciting things from the week: Eric felt the baby move!! I wasn't sure how long it would take him to feel it because I have an anterior placenta, but lo and behold Eric felt it move! Also, I am now 20 weeks! So assuming I'm not super early, or super late, I have about 20 weeks left before Eric and I will have a third member to our family. It's pretty amazing!! It also means I've been trying to buckle down more on getting things ready. It hasn't been super successful, but I'm working on it!! The crib is on hold right now until Eric finishes a math course that he has been working on, so that will be resumed sometime in a month or two. I'm still trying to decide on a theme! I found a coordinated crib bedding set that I LOVE, but it isn't organic.. and I'm a little crazy and would like the bedding to be organic (avoid all of those chemicals and pesticides) Anyway, we'll see what I'm able to find! I'm open to any theme suggestions for the nursery!!

Well I am going to take off! Thanks for reading!!
Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Those cupcakes look so good! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete