Monday, February 8, 2010

To know or not to know... and dance baby dance (18+1)

Hello everyone!!

I wasn't expecting to post again so soon, I was thinking maybe once every couple of weeks but it just seems like I have so much to say about this pregnancy! Most recently what has been on my mind is if we should find out what sex the baby is. Our next (and final assuming everything is okay) ultrasound is on February 19th so that would be the "last" or "only" opportunity to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. This isn't entirely true, because although there aren't all that many perks of working at a hospital, you can find a few working Labour and Delivery while pregnant.. The joys of having dopplers and ultrasound available. So the other day while at work (I feel as though I should mention there were 8 nurses pregnant, well apparently there is 9th nurse who hasn't come out yet and I say were because one of our nurses delivered a beautiful baby boy so that leaves 7) 2 of us pregnant nurses were sitting beside one another talking about nursery decor and the themes, and what we have decided and so forth, so forth. And it came up that the nurses think she is having a boy and that I'm having a girl. And that's when it all started. I got REALLY REALLY curious as to what I was going to have. I mean uncontrollably, I NEED TO KNOW curious. But being a labour and delivery nurse, one of the most exciting parts of it is when the partner announces to the room (more specifically the mom because we're all looking down there) the sex of the baby, and it's a surprise and it's exciting and it just makes you feel good. So I'm torn. I really didn't think I wanted to know the sex of the baby. And really tomorrow I'll go back to not wanting to know yet. Everything we've bought so far is pretty gender neutral and we've got a short list of names for both a boy and a girl. But I want everyone's opinion to know or not to know? And please don't be offended if I choose to do the opposite of what you suggest. Realistically I probably wont find out, but I'm getting the tingling need to know...

Also on other baby related news... I felt him or her move!! Or at least I'm like 90% sure I felt movement. It wasn't like a super obvious thing, like from the malteser commercial when you can see the baby kick the little round chocolate. It was just like the baby decide to do the wave in my belly. And no, it wasn't gas. That feels different. I wasn't expecting to feel the baby move so early because one it's my first baby, sometimes it takes until 22 weeks to feel the baby move because you aren't exactly sure what you're feeling. Also, when my sister Jill, the sonographer looked at my ultrasound pictures she told me that I have an anterior placenta. Which means the placenta is in the front of the uterus, so I will not be able to mimic the Malteser commercial during the pregnancy (I'm heartbroken). Actually seeing the baby movement is unrealistic with an anterior placenta as the placenta works like a cushion. So like I said, I felt the baby move. Twice now, once the day before yesterday and once yesterday while Eric had his hand on my belly because he's a bit jealous he hasn't felt the baby move yet. So I could feel the baby move, but Eric couldn't.... Poor guy. He hasn't been to an ultrasound yet or felt the baby move, just recently he heard the heartbeat though which is good! And he'll be with next Friday!! When I have some new photos to share with the blogosphere! In the meantime the baby is hungry so I'm going to go feed it!

Take care everyone!
Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment