Friday, February 5, 2010

17 weeks down, 23 + to go...

I decided it was about time I started blogging if I was actually going to blog about this pregnancy, so please bare with me, as this is my first blog post and I may be really really boring (sorry.) My belly is finally starting to grow a bit (although as of 17 weeks I'm still wearing all the same clothing which is nice! The only thing that I really need is new bras, and I will NOT complain about that!). Actually, It's even starting to get a little uncomfortable to lay directly on my stomach, so I've started more of a side laying sleep. I think I'll adapt fine. For those who didn't know I was pregnant until I announced it on facebook at 15 weeks, I had consistent nausea and vomiting which kept me awake at night and resulted in a lot of really bad mornings and terrible over night shifts and painful in betweens! I could tell you all about my horror stories but it's a good 10 weeks of them... It would take a couple days straight of blogging to get everyone caught up.

Regardless, today I am 17 weeks plus 1 day. Like I said my belly is growing a bit and I have gained since the beginning of my pregnancy -3lbs. I haven't been experiencing any of the second trimester woes which I am extremely grateful for after my first trimester. I'm finally getting energy back and attempting to keep myself active. On that note, it's pretty hard to leave the house when I don't need to and it's minus 18 degrees Celsius out. I could really use some sunlight! So Eric and I are thinking about taking one last baby free trip to somewhere! We're not entirely sure where or when. We just want it to happen before the 24week mark. I wouldn't mind it happening sooner rather than later so we can go while I still fit into my cute summer/hot weather attire. We're also discussing getting a second dog. Eric thinks we should do one or the other not both.. I guess I'm feeling a little greedy and want to do both. Although if I really had to choose I would choose getting a second dog. As that's what I've wanted to do pretty much since Eric and I got married.

Pretty much since I found out I was pregnant I have had that crazy nesting urge you get. You know the one you get that involves going through every little box in the storage room and deciding what to keep and what not to keep or the cleaning and decorating and the rearranging. Well what has come along with my crazy nesting urge (and I doubt I'm alone) is the need to shop for all things baby related. I managed to put it off for most of the first trimester, as they say it's bad luck to buy anything in your first trimester and I think from being a nurse I'm a little superstitious (especially when it comes to birth plans and room 7- but really that's more common sense then superstition.) So now that I am in my second trimester it's almost like I have a green light that says "DO IT" and so the shopping has begun....

My mom has been absolutely amazing and has already purchased Eric and I the stroller, car seat and playard for the baby. A matter of fact it's sitting downstairs calling my name to be assembled... Eric's mom has been super excited as well and offered to buy the baby swing and high chair, and luckily for Eric and I, she managed to find the matching swing for the set that my mom bought us (which I've been eyeing since week 6.) Eric and I are still undecided as to what we want to do for the high chair. There are these really neat high chairs by Stokke called Tripp Trapp, but they seem overpriced for what they are, so Eric has been considering building it once he's done with the crib and dresser and bookshelf. This is what they look like:



They come in a lot of different colours and some more natural wood colours as well. Finally Eric and I have also started buying some bottles. Although I plan to exclusively breastfeed, I do intend to pump as well. So we purchased the BabyLife Weego Bottles for ourselves and they're just so colourful:

Anyway, I'm sure I've bored you enough with this first post. So I'm going to take off and do some shopping and baking and other homemaker activities that make me laugh to myself... Who would have thought I would be nesting at 23 years old?? I need to get myself back to University...

Take care all!
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling much better, and that you are getting baby equipment! I agree, Eric could make that high chair. Those bottles are adorable! Are they glass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the high chair! Eric could totally build that! It's so fun when you start buying all the fun baby stuff! It makes it seem "real." It's also nice to have the 1st grandchild! My kids are the only ones on my side and they are extra "loved" Hope the rest of your pregnancy is free of sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Ladies. I'm super happy about feeling better and I also hope that the rest of my pregnancy is free of sickness. There is only one store in Ottawa that sells that chair, so we're going to go in and get some measurements from that store (ie, the angle it slands back at and the height and the distance between the slates, and then once Eric is done building everything else we may build that. Realistically it wont be used until they have proper neck control and are eating solids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or and sorry Christina, yes they are glass, with a silicone protective thingy around them (the colourful part)

    ReplyDelete