Friday, February 19, 2010

Ultrasounds!! (19+1)

Hey everyone!!

Today Eric and I went in for our morphology/18-20 week ultrasound. It was a pretty awesome experience and our sonographer was really great! She talked us through everything and explained everything she was doing and the baby parts to us. So far everything looks pretty bang on! We decided not to find out the sex, although we both made guesses (which we didn't tell her to confirm or not confirm.) My ONLY complaint about her is that she only gave us 2 pictures and last time I got 5!! I was a little bummed about that, but at least I know everything is okay and both pictures are stinking cute... I'll post them in the next blog because Eric is asleep already and I don't feel like fooling around with scanner. Anyway, everything is looking pretty good I'll probably drag Eric out "baby stuff" shopping this weekend as it's my Birthday and I'm allowed.

Oh that note, the crib is coming along nicely, a little slower than I hoped, but I can't complain because my wonderful husband is the one doing ALL of the work. I was a little worried about being around all the saw dust without a mask, and lo and behold we don't have any masks. Now it's been stained (with a stain that has No VOCs) but I still hate taking that chance. It is going to be stained a second time and then all assembled and then voila I'll more or less have a crib. The probably right now is that the room that will be the nursery is currently being used as a spare room, which I would like to leave it that way for a few weeks/months as we are still most likely having family out to visit over the next few months... BUT ALL I WANT TO DO IS EMPTY THAT ROOM AND START BABY-IZING IT. It's really ridiculous how much I want to decorate it. I still haven't come up with a theme, although I don't want the room to "theme-y" and need to change it in 2 years, realistically I hope we've moved in 2 years. I also don't want however we decorate the room to affect resale value of the house. Right now it's a nice colour and I plan to keep it that colour. I've thought about doing an animal theme, either safari or enchanted forest; nursery rhymes (this one is become my mom bought Eric and I a Jim Shore decoration for our baby quite awhile ago, before we were even starting to try, she saw it at worked and loved it and it is really stinking cute; polka dots and stripes, although I think this would be pretty boring, and; around the world theme - this is because I found this BEAUTIFUL rug that I love by Oopsy Daisy that is called "Our World" and it is gorgeous, and way out of my budget (for a rug) Eric more or less said I could have the rug or I could feed the baby - it was my decision. I'm going with feeding the baby. But really it is a gorgeous rug. So, if anyone has any suggestions I would gladly take them. Think gender neutral too! Any links are greatly appreciated.

Anyway, as the second trimester progresses so does my appetite and I am going to go eat something. Oh and everyone will be happy to know I've returned to prepregnancy weight (as I had lost a lot of weight before) and my jeans are starting to feel quite uncomfortable for extended periods of times. Yes people, I have a bump, one which I'll post a picture of with the ultrasound pictures maybe tomorrow!

Take care everyone,
Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to see the room!! Especially all the handmade goodies Eric is making. That is SO awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you a link on FB, but I was reading that when Victoria Beckham was pregnant that she bought a pair of regular jeans and cut "V's" in the sides by the pockets and sewed in the elastic there so her jeans still looked normal and didn't have the big elastic waist band. Just a cool tip i read.

    ReplyDelete