Thursday, June 17, 2010

Long overdue... (36 weeks)

Wow..

It's been a month since I've posted last! I only have 1 month to go until my due date... although on that note I am doing everything in my power to go just a little bit early. And by a little bit I mean June 30th. We'll see how that goes..

Quick life updates:

1) We got a new dog. His name is Baxter. He's really cute. And him and Pabloe get a long pretty well. They were playing to day. It was sweet.

2) I've locked myself out of the house on a couple of occasions now. (Yes twice and yes I used the ladder to climb back in) I don't find it very reassuring that a pregnant person can break into Eric and my house; however as Eric says if they want to break in it doesn't matter if there is a ladder in the backyard or not they'll get it. If you're on facebook read my note "Morning" and you can get filled in on the details of my breaking back into my house.

3) I finally have 2 of 3 pieces of nursery furniture in the nursery. And we got a GREAT deal on them. That's a long story involving me bringing a sales associate to tears (not actually, but I wasn't very pleasant.) So now I'm still torn between waiting the next couple-several weeks to find out the sex and then just purchase bedding/decorations OR I'm thinking a black/white theme or using the fabric I brought back from India and making it super colourful. I just don't know!

4) I had an AWESOME surprise baby shower thrown by my mom and sister Jill. The only things that could have made it better would have been if Kari could have made it (the youngest sister) oh and if I was a little more cooperative with Eric and let it actually be a surprise. I also had a SPECTACULAR baby shower thrown by the lovely ladies that I work with and between the two showers I fared really well! I have everything I will need and baby will need to survive the first month of life... I think... I hope.

5) Eric and I finally have a list of boy names and a list of girl names. Thank goodness. I was getting a little bit worried that this child would come home with us as "Baby B" or "Baby G". Crisis avoided.

6) I'm on mat leave! As of last Saturday I started my mat leave and I'm so happy I did because today I started contracting. Not regularly or long. Really they'd probably be considered "Braxton Hicks" BUT just in case this baby does come early I was able to get some cleaning done first. Thank goodness.

I think that is pretty much everything as of right now... Eric and I have an exciting date planned for Saturday. Probably our last real big date before the baby comes. I'm sure we'll do dinner and a movie BUT on Saturday we're going to Montreal and seeing Cirque du Soleil "Totem" and then doing dinner (and maybe if we get there early enough we'll do some shopping! YAY).

Anyway I'll try to blog more often in the next couple of weeks and get some photos of nursery up! And maybe of Totem!

Take care and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment