Saturday, June 19, 2010

Change of Plans (36 weeks + 2 daus)

Hello Blogworld.

So today was Eric and my big "date day" where the plan had been to go to Montreal to see Cirque du Soleil, Totem and eat Thai food. Well we stayed in Ottawa instead. We decided last night we weren't going to go (and it's good we hadn't bought tickets already - we wanted to do it last minute you know "just in case") and it worked out well because I woke up not feeling so hot. So after spending a good chunk of the morning/early afternoon in bed we finally started a BBQ hunt and came up empty handed... BUT we do know what is out there. See I really want a BBQ because I assume we'll have a decent amount of company stopping in throughout the summer - so I would like to be able to say "Hey Dad - Can you take care of BBQing up dinner tonight" and not being responsible for dinner every now and again. Anyway, I want a Weber Genesis and Eric and I think it may be a little more than what we should spend on a BBQ and unfortunately when my mind is set on something nothing else will do. So it's either the Weber, or nothing at all.. so we're not getting anything (yet.)

So what else did we do? While Eric took some pictures of our new nursery:





(The packaging is still left on the handles on the dresser and bookshelf because I'm a little crazy and would like to try to keep it nice for as long as possible.)

(Mom got "Baby Bronson-Moisey" this ornament 2 Christmases ago and I absolutely adore it. It's from the Nursery Rhyme "Winken, Blinken and Nod" Anyway, for the longest time I wanted to do a Nursery Rhyme themed room, but changed my mind once I realized a lot of the baby bedding/fabric for it is pretty terrible.)

I told him the floor needed to be swept before the pictures were done, but he was already laying on the floor and decided to take the pictures. You can't really see in the corner to the right of the window, but there is a comfortable Ikea chair in that corner. It isn't a glider (we have the glider in the spare room) but it just looks SOO good in the room with the dark finish. As you can see the only picture hanging in the room right now is the picture of the bird which my mom painted eons and eons ago. Anyway, I'm going to move that photo into the spare bedroom and I plan to only hang photography in the room. Probably black and white with a specific colour accent. I was really hoping to hold off until we found out the baby's gender but I may go ahead and buy some fabric and sew up the baby's bedding. I'm still torn between doing black and white with one colour "accented" OR using the fabulous fabric I brought back from India and just having very colourful baby bedding - which could definitely be gender neutral. I'm torn. Regardless, besides the furniture clearly this room isn't super matchy matchy (and I still need a rug!) We'll take some new pictures once it's completely finished being set up. There are still boxes and a car seat in the pictures.. And the floor will be swept next time!

So tomorrow Eric and I plan to go to the beach for the a portion of the day and eat thai food and if the house is cool enough do some cooking and baking. I have a nice list of things I would like to bake/cook and store for when the baby is here but the temperature is just way to hot to have the oven on for hours... Hopefully it cools off just a little bit.

Anyway, I think that's everything for now. I hope all is well with everyone and take care!!
Thanks for reading!

(And just for good measure a picture of my babies who haven't suspected a thing yet...)




(just kidding about Eric... I hope.. he does ask every now and again if I'm "SURE" that I'm having a baby. Generally before big purchases like the furniture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment