Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I can do it.. I can do it... I can do it... (23 weeks and 6 days)

Hello everyone!

So I'm sorry I've been a terrible blogger. I haven't really been contributing to my blog for one main silly reason: Eric and I have yet to take belly pictures. Well I guess that isn't ENTIRELY true. We spent one evening taking a couple and then we spent more time taking pictures of him mocking my belly pictures. AKA: him standing there blowing out his stomach pretending to be pregnant. It was quite the enjoyable night, but I didn't like any of the pictures. So last night my sister Jill and I were talking and she said I should send her a picture so I took one in the bathroom with my iphone and felt like it turned out relatively okay, so here is my belly (at 23 weeks and 5 days):


And a picture of Eric at about 22 weeks:


As you can see he's carrying a little higher than I am...

As some of you may or may not know that with the amazing advancements of medicine and technology babies can live outside of the womb as early as 24weeks, this is known as the age of viability. Don't get me wrong, I would really like my baby to stay in until 37 weeks (any time after that I'm willing to have this baby!) BUT it's a little reassuring to know that in 2 days my baby would be able to survive outside of my uterus with the appropriate medical care.

Anyway, moving forward. This past week Eric and I did our "spring cleaning". Washed all of the linens, vacuumed the whole house, cleaned the bathrooms, purged. Did all of those fun things and labeled it Spring Cleaning. We also bought a new front load high efficiency energy star washer and a new front load steam dryer. I LOVE THEM BOTH. I've probably done more laundry in the last 5 days than I had in the 3 months leading up to this purchase. On Sunday, following raking the yard and doing some more fun and interesting housework, Eric and I decided it was time to assemble the current baby items we have at our place (stroller, car seat, playyard). So we spent Sunday afternoon fighting with baby stuff to get it all assembled nicely and by the end we were successful. I know how my car seat clips into my stroller and how to attach the bassinet and change table feature on to the playpen. And both Eric and I feel competent in being able to remove and replace the car seat in the car. The crib is pretty much ready to go, it's really just a matter of assembling it, but we don't have anywhere to put a fully assembled crib (at least not yet as for the time being we still need to use the guest bedroom as a guest bedroom!) so we'll be holding off on finishing that project. HOWEVER, it just means we're going to start the next one: dresser/change table. I'm pretty excited about this one because I will move it up to the "nursery" as soon as it is completed so I can get the drawers all filled up and ready to go! We're still gathering things, but have slowed down our pace a little bit. Cory, my mother-in-law, picked up the baby swing for us in pretty much the nick of time! The pattern Eric and I have chosen has been discontinued and there were only a handful left in North America. The next things we're looking at are diapers (we've decide to do cloth during the day and disposable at night.) I have a pattern for cloth diapers and my mom and I are going to sew a handful; however, I also intend on purchasing some tried and tested ones. Eric and I are still trying to decide on a theme for the Nursery. I really was like an animal theme, but Eric has mostly vetoed that. So who knows. I think it'll just be a matter of looking around and finding something that we love. There is this bajillion dollar rug that I adore that I would love to make the "centre piece" of the room, but like I previously stated it's a bazillion dollars. This is it: (yes more animals, but I LOVE animals so what are you expecting??)


The "designer" is called Oopsy Daisy and I love the simple art work for children, that not too complex designs. I thought if we could get this we could get simple bedding in one or two colours and than decorate the room with paintings of the animals in the rug. Eric likes the idea too, but the actual rug may be out of our price range.

Well I KNOW there was so much more I wanted to include in this post, but I can't remember any of it for the life of me (placenta brain). SoooOOoo I'm just going to take off. I promise not to go 3 weeks without blogging again! Only 16(ish) more to go and Eric and I will have a little bundle of joy to show off to the blogosphere. I'm SO excited!!!

Take care,
Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are tiny and you look great! And, ok, ok, I guess Eric does too!

    You are so productive, I can't even imagine the day when I will be able to drag myself out of bed. Thanks for giving me some hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks. It's weird to be called "tiny" I get "huge" a lot more often than "tiny" the belly just keeps growing and growing and growing.

    Don't worry about the productivity. You'll wake up one of these days and be 100%! It may still be a month away but it will happen.

    ReplyDelete