Thursday, April 8, 2010

Breech Baby. (26 weeks aka 6 months!)

Well not actually breech. It's more in a transverse lie/breech position. Baby likes moving back and forth between the two positions. So sometimes Eric and I feel baby's kicking on the right side of my stomach and other times more in the pelvis area. It's actually really funny because the only places I haven't felt baby kick is up near my ribs (yet) or on the entire left side of my body (that's because his/her head mostly hangs out there)

If you read my last post, I nearly died working 4 night shifts in a row. Since then things have been lots smoother and I'm very grateful for that. I'm getting lots of sleep and even getting some things accomplished around the house. My goals right now: Sell the dining room set (It's just SO huge for our house); find the perfect fruit bowl; register for some classes (ballet, organic gardening, quilting class...); re-register for flight school (although I may not start that until the fall when we have a routine with baby); scope out which university courses I'm going to take in the fall; start picking up the things I need for baby (there's been a lull); and most importantly make a short list of baby names. The other night Eric and I stayed up late scouring the internet, books and movies for names that we liked and we do have a list now. A very, very, very long list. With names I can't stand, and names Eric can't stand. And a few names we both really LOVE. Last night at work I was leaving work with one of the girls I work with and she had had 2 names when she was pregnant. One for a boy, and one for a girl. And she didn't tell a SOUL. And her reasoning was that she and her husband liked the names and that's what matter, so she didn't want to be influenced by anyone else's opinion of the name so she just decided not to tell anyone. So, although I have let my choice of first choice of a girl's name slip a couple of times (so there are a few of you out there that know what my choice would be) Eric and I are going to keep it to ourselves until the baby is here.

We've also decided that we're not going to actually decorate the nursery until the baby is here (which means it may never get done.. but I'm sure with the help of family after the baby is born it will happen). By waiting we don't need to "settle" on any gender neutral items when we both have preferred either boy or girl specific stuff. We're going to buy / I'm (as in Beth is) going to build the bassinet. So you know, here's hoping that it's sturdy. And we're going to keep the bassinet in our bedroom for the first little while. That way we can continue to use the guest bedroom / soon to be nursery as a guest bedroom for the first few weeks following baby's arrival.

Anyway I think that's pretty much everything. Oh I'm 6 months today (woooooooo hooo) I have 3 months and a week until we'll have a little bundle of joy. Assuming 1) baby isn't early and 2) baby isn't late. If it's anything like it's mother it will be here at 41+3 days (aka induction day) or if it's like it's father, I'm going to assume a good 15 days before the due date (as he's 15 minutes early to EVERYTHING.)

Oh and here are a couple of baby pictures at 6 months. We took them today!

And one of my cute dog who loves to shred kleenex (as you'll see from the picture)


Thanks Everyone for reading!!

Until next time, Take care!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment